SSL aka Secure Socket Layer: A security feature that keeps Internet communications private and ensures they have not been forged or tampered with. This is a certificate showing that your web site is in fact 100% secure and when the customer enters their personal bank information online, it is encrypted in the gateway and only shared with the payment processor. This is a requirement for any merchant that has an account with XPress Processing.com to maintain the secure payment method. In order to make an SSL connection, the SSL protocol requires that a server should have a digital certificate installed. A digital certificate is an electronic file that uniquely identifies individuals and servers. Digital certificates serve as a kind of digital passport or credential which authenticate the server prior to the SSL session being established.
The SSL and TLS protocol is the Web standard for encrypting communications between users and SSL aka Secure Sockets Layer e-commerce sites. Data sent via an SSL connection is protected by encryption, a mechanism that prevents eavesdropping and tampering with any transmitted data. SSL provides businesses and consumers with the confidence that private data sent to a website, such as a credit card number, is kept confidential. Web server certificates also known as Secure Server certificates or SSL certificates are required to initialize an SSL session.
- TLS aka Transport Layer Security: Provides communication security over the Internet. The TLS protocol allows client-server applications to communicate across a secure network in a way designed to prevent eavesdropping and tampering.
Customers know they are on a secure web site when their browser displays the little gold padlock and the address bar begins with an https rather than http. SSL certificates can be used on web servers for Internet security and mail servers such as imap, pop3 and SMTP for mail collection / sending security. POP3 aka Post Office Protocol and IMAP are two different protocols used to access email. POP3 and IMAP function very differently and each has its own advantages. POP3 is useful in checking emails from a computer that is in a specific location. IMAP is the better option when you need to check your emails from multiple locations, such as at work, from home, or on the road, using different computers.
- Pop3 aka Post Office Protocol: In computing, the Post Office Protocol aka POP is an application-layer Internet standard protocol used by local email clients to retrieve e-mail from a remote server over a TCP/IP connection.
- TCP/IP: Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol defines how electronic devices (like computers) should be connected to the Internet, and how data should be transmitted between them. TCP is for communication between applications. IP is for communication between computers.
- IMAP aka Internet Messaging Access Protocol: The Internet Message Access Protocol commonly known as IMAP is an Application Layer Internet protocol that allows an e-mail client to access email on a remote mail server. You can use multiple computers to check your email. Your mails are stored on the server. Outgoing email is filtered to a mailbox on the servers, for accessibility from another machine/PC.
- SMTP aka Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an Internet standard for electronic mail aka e-mail transmission across Internet Protocol aka IP networks.
With XPress Processing’s range of affordable SSLs, you can start accepting payments online, securely, quickly and cost-effectively.
As A RapidSSL Partner: XPress Processing can provide the most secure GeoTrust and VeriSign SSL certificates directly to its online clients. These Include:
- RapidSSL (Standard): RapidSSL Standard Certificates uniquely enable businesses to obtain low cost fully functional single root trusted SSL certificates. They are ideal for Websites conducting light levels of Ecommerce or sites that provide a secure login area. RapidSSL is the lowest cost single root install SSL certificate available online. With automatic 2-step validation, your business can have an SSL ordered and delivered in a matter of minutes – and with no paperwork!
- RapidSSL (Wildcard): RapidSSL Wildcard is a single-root install SSL certificate that can be used to secure multiple sub-domains under a single domain name. RapidSSL Wildcard allows web sites to conduct secure e-commerce with an encrypted SSL connection and is ideal for low-volume, low-transaction-value web sites.
- QuickSSL Professional: QuickSSL is suitable for securing e-commerce websites, user login pages, etc. We recommend that you choose QuickSSL if your website handles a lot of online transactions every day but does not need SSL compatibility for mobile and smartphone browsers.
- TrueBusinessID: With True Business ID, you get business identity validation, universal browser support of more than 99%, and fast issuance. You can also use your certificate on an unlimited number of servers and you get free reissues.
- TrueBusinessID with EV aka Extended Validation Extended Validation for SSL certificate: In addition to showing https in the web address and a closed padlock icon to indicate an encrypted session, the browser address bar turns green. The name of the organization and of the certificate authority that authenticated the information appears next to the web address. Users can see at a glance that the web site has met the industry’s highest standard for authentication.
- Extended Validation SSL certificates are widely considered to be the most trusted option currently available for Secure Sockets Layer aka SSL certificates. While EV SSL certificates utilize the same levels of security as conventional SSL certificates, they do require more extensive verification of the certificate requestor by the Certificate Authority aka CA issuing the certificate.
- FreeSSL (SSL trial) FreeSSL is a FULLY FUNCTIONAL single-root test certificate valid for 30 days. It is the only fully trusted single root trial certificate available. If you need to test your server, or would like to test our support and issuance speed, then FreeSSL is an ideal solution. This certificate has the same browser recognition rates as both our RapidSSL and RapidSSL Wildcard, and upgrading to either one of these certificates is easy.)
Why Do I need SSL?
SSL aka Secure Socket Layer: A security feature that keeps Internet communications private and ensures they have not been forged or tampered with. This is a certificate showing that your web site is in fact 100% secure and when the customer enters their personal bank information online, it is encrypted in the gateway and only shared with the payment processor. This is a requirement for any merchant that has an account with XPress Processing.com to maintain the secure payment method.
- To Protect Your Customers And Their Sensitive Payment Information
- To Increase Trust And Customer Confidence Leading To Online Sales
- To Stand Out As A Reputable Brand Against The Competition
- To Meeting PCI aka Payment Card Industry Security Standards
RapidSSL is the lowest cost single root install SSL certificate available online. With automatic 2-step validation, your business can have an SSL ordered and delivered in a matter of minutes – and with no paperwork!
- Strong 128 / 256 Bit Encryption (Industry Standard)
- Multi-Year Savings Available (Inquire With XPress Processing)
- SSL Certificate Issued To You In Minutes
- Easy Installation
- 99% Browser Recognition Rate (No Chained Installation)
- Online Support
- Supported By All Major Search Engines (Examples: Google, Bing and Yahoo)
- Free “Secured by RapidSSL” Site Seal
Quick SSL Premium
SSL aka Secure Socket Layer: A security feature that keeps Internet communications private and ensures they have not been forged or tampered with. This is a certificate showing that your web site is in fact 100% secure and when the customer enters their personal bank information online, it is encrypted in the gateway and only shared with the payment processor.
QuickSSL Premium is our most popular SSL certificate. The GeoTrust product has the Internet’s 1 million most visited domains relying on GeoTrust SSL more than any other certificate authority. GeoTrust is the largest low-cost SSL brand solely focused on security. With GeoTrust, you get inexpensive SSL without sacrificing convenience, choice or reliability. Geotrust is a trusted security partner with a proven track record for reliability, quality and convenience. GeoTrust SSL is a cost effective way to secure multiple domains, IP addresses, sub-domains, Unified Communications aka UC and Office Unified Communications is the integration of real-time communication services such as instant messaging, video conferencing, etc.
- UC is not necessarily a single product, but a set of products that provides a consistent unified user interface and user experience across multiple devices and media types.
- Office Communications Server aka OCS is an enterprise real-time communications system; basically a corporate instant messaging client. It is split into two clients: Microsoft Office Communicator and Microsoft Live Meeting.
Providing extended security to online sellers at very affordable rates and can be issued in as little as 10 minutes. This SSL is known as the “Quick SSL” because it can be issued in as little as 10 minutes.
Quick SSL Benefits:
- Strong 256 Bit Encryption : Encryption is the coding or scrambling of information so that it can only be decoded and read by someone who has the correct decoding key. Encryption is used in secure Web sites as well as other mediums of data transfer. If a third party were to intercept the information you sent via an encrypted connection, they would not be able to read it. The key size is measured in bits.
- Automated Domain Name Validation
- Fast Issuance (10 Minutes) And Easy Installation
- Display the GeoTrust True Site Seal On Your Website
- $10,000 Warranty
- Over 99% Worldwide Browser Compatibility
- Free Technical Support (Web, Phone, Email)
- Multi-Year Savings Available (Inquire With XPress Processing)
XPress Processing is committed to providing leading SSL and security services to its ecommerce merchants. We will work with your business to discover the most secure and affordable product available.